All Kidsfest volunteers are approved to serve in Kidsfest through an application process that includes a Live Scan Screening for all volunteers over the age of 18, reference calls and interviews with Kidsfest staff members. In addition, the following Kidsfest safety procedures are in place:
• A minimum of two volunteers must be in a class at all times. Volunteers are not to be left alone with a child.
• Only Live Scanned female adult volunteers can change diapers and or walk little ones to the restroom.
• All Live Scanned volunteers and staff need to ask for accountability from others when helping a child to the bathroom.
• Adult-child ratios for each classroom are set and posted outside each classroom door. Ratios are monitored closely by Kidsfest staff. We will not take more children into our programs that we are unable to safely supervise and work with.
All Kidsfest kids must be checked into their classroom area by a parent/guardian. Check in is done through our electronic check in system. Once you check in your child(ren), you’ll receive a parent pick up tag/receipt with a code on it. This code is unique to your family and changes every weekend. When you pick up your children, Kidsfest volunteers/staff will match your receipt code to your child’s name tag and code. You are unable to pick up your child(ren) unless you have your parent pick up receipt code. If parents lose their pick up tag/receipt, they can receive a new pick up tag upon showing identification at one of our Kidsfest kiosks.
This check in procedure has more safety benefits! If we need to reach parents during adult programming, your parent pick up receipt code will be displayed on the screens in the auditorium. If your code is displayed, please exit service quickly and report to the Kidsfest kiosk to get information on what classroom needs you.
• Only Live Scanned female adult volunteers/staff can change diapers and assist all preschoolers to the restroom.
• All doors to the bathroom are to remain unlocked and partially open to ensure child safety.
• Volunteers and staff are not allowed to enter a bathroom stall.
• For elementary aged children, Live Scanned adults can escort children to the bathroom. All volunteers and staff are required to wait outside the bathroom door after they have checked to see if any adults are already in the bathroom.